Monday, January 9, 2012

Juicy, Juicy Grapes!

It seems like everyone has been posting/blogging about their New Year's resolutions in the past week or so...and they're always fun to make (and hear about). Something about the excitement for a fresh start, clean slate, and brand-spankin'-new-year to accomplish something awesome. Here are the Top 5 New Year's Resolutions according to the Huffington Post:

1. Get in shape
2. Eat right
3. Save money
4. Quit smoking
5. Volunteer
Fabulous resolutions, I must say. This year, though, we (the new hubs and I) started a NEW tradition for the NEW Year. It's a tradition from a Spanish origin, but is also recognized by several other cultures (namely, my husband's Iranian family). At midnight, you eat 12 grapes, and with each one eaten, you envision and focus on a different goal that you'd like to accomplish for the New Year. How cool! I loved this. It was a fresh, positive, exciting twist on the sometimes-guilt-driven resolutions I used to make. I won't share them all, but here are a few goals that I envisioned while savoring my juicy New Year's grapes:

1. To be the best teacher that I can for my students..to help them grow and learn by loving and encouraging them every day. (This is also one of the topics covered on this blog...you might see teaching tidbits here and there, hopefully illustrating this goal being carried out!)

2. To continue to grow my business and become a better and better photographer with each session. (Yes, another topic--and name, of course--of this blog. My awesome clients will be featured here a lot!)

3.  To enjoy a happy, healthy life during my second year of marriage! (You may even hear some funny stories straight from this newlywed-ism right here on the bloggity blog...prepare yourself! lol)

4. To go on vacation. Again. In our first year of marriage, we went to Mexico..twice (no, we don't have money "out the wahzoo" as one family member asked when we told of our second planned trip. You'd be surprised what budget cuts you're willing to make to spend a few days on a beach, chore-free and care-free. lol!). I love, love, LOVE Mexico, but I think we're going to try somewhere new this year. This time, we might even go with some great friends!

5. Healthier efforts in the kitchen (kind of goes along with what the Huffpost mentions). I have been cooking a lot of whole grain pastas, grilled chicken, and baked fish...yum! (Who knows? I might even share a few great recipes here!)

So, there are a few. We'll see how we do! What are your goals for this new year?

K.B. out!

No comments:

Post a Comment